Try my yummy skinny open taco bowls for a satisfying post-workout idea that won’t compromise on protein, or recovery, finish off with Skinny Food Co Garlic & Herb Sauce & Low Carb rice. This is a healthy post-workout meal option with plenty of protein, which is ideal for building muscle, and there’s plenty of volume in this winning combo, just the way I like it!
You could substitute the protein in the recipe with grilled chicken, lean ground turkey, or roasted tofu for a vegan option.
1. In a pan, heat up coconut oil and sauté chopped red onion, and green pepper until they’re crispy.
2. Add beef mince, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until browned.
3. Make your taco bowls by placing a low-carb wrap on a piece of foil and then molding it into a bowl shape with a small bowl then assemble.
4. Spoon the beef and veggie mixture into your bowl.
5. Top with cheese, sliced avocado, and a squeeze of lime juice, and grill for 1-2 mins to melt the cheese.
6. Cook the Low carb rice according to packet instructions.
7. Top with Skinny Fod Garlic Sauce